Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019
Friday & Saturday, Nov 1 – 2, 2019
Entry Deadline: Monday, October 1
Competition Location: Steinway Piano Gallery 13418 E Nora Spokane WA
• Senior Division: Ages 15 – 18 $37
• Junior Division: Ages 11 – 14 $32
• Youth Division: Ages 7 – 10 $27
• Senior Division: Ages 15 – 18 $42
• Junior Division: Ages 11 – 14 $37
• Youth Division: Ages 7 – 10 $32
- Baroque/Classical (Youth division only)
- Baroque (Junior & Senior divisions)
- Classical (Junior & Senior divisions)
- Ensemble Competition
Students are scored in 5 areas:
- Sound Quality, Expression & Musical Artistry
- Interpretation of Composer’s Style & Intent
- Rhythmic Accuracy & Integrity
- Technical Mastery & Physical Ease
- Audience Engagement
Scorecards and score explanations are received within minutes of the performance for prompt evaluation, goal-setting and advancement.
Want to know more about the scores received?
Purchase a Written Score Explanation
This provides a brief explanation of the score received in each of the scoring areas. Additional $8 fee applies. Select this option when registering for each class.
2019 Judge: Dr. Deborah Rambo Sinn
Deborah Rambo Sinn’s diverse career has taken her around the world. She has given concerts and masterclasses on four continents and has taught students from more than 14 different countries.
She holds a doctorate from Indiana University, where she studied with Menahem Pressler (Beaux Arts Trio). Before moving to Germany, she served on the music faculty of Angelo State University in Texas and taught one semester at Universität Lüneburg (Germany) as an exchange professor. She served as the 2015 Distinguished Professor for the Humanities at Missouri University for Science and Technology. Currently, she teaches piano in her Post Falls, Idaho studio and online, including working with piano teachers from across the country through the Underground Conservatory. She teaches at Gonzaga University in Spokane and is in high demand as a speaker, recently presenting at MTNA national conference, at numerous state conferences and at the National Keyboard Pedagogy Conference.
For Registration and more information: